29 January 2009

Staying Focused

The last few weeks have provided me with many, many challenges. The result of having so many challenges at once is losing my focus. It's as if I can no longer focus on more than one task at a time. I almost feel like a guy in that I find it hard to multi-task. In fact, I started this post twelve hours ago and am finally focused enough to finish the first paragraph. That's just sad.

A good friend of mine has suggested that I am spread too thin among the many aspects of my life. I'm not sure that is the case since I am in need of adding more into the mix. Yet, his explanation sounds all too plausible. Between all my music classes, church callings, and being a young single woman, I can find no other explanation that suits it all. However, I have to wonder what I would cut out of the mix, rather what I would give less attention and time to. My social life? Perhaps. School and music studies? Certainly not! Church callings and study? Highly unlikely.

Do you see my predicament? I can find nothing that I can give less attention to and still have things work out. Nothing short of ditching all my friends and being unsociable other than at ward events (which is where I see most of my friends anyway) would work. I am a social creature; I'll admit it. The worst thing anyone could do would be to place me in solitary confinement. I would seriously go mad- even more than now.

I hope and pray that I'll survive this focus problem and regain my focus again.

Paka

No comments: