Today is the start of the second week in this school term. I'm finding it hard to return to a good scheduled routine after such a long break between terms. Three weeks is the amount of time it takes to form habits, and my break was basically three weeks. So, I'm struggling to undo the terrible sleeping schedule I created during my break to be at my best to start new and better habits that will aid my success this term and next.
Through a lot of thinking and praying, I've decided that the best academic path for me is to finish my AA at my current school before looking ahead to a University. It will help me in the long run when I transfer because I'll have a degree to transfer, not just a random bunch of courses and credits. I've started creating my road map for the courses I need to take within the next five quarters at this school, and I find myself in the same predicament I had when I first started school here. Music classes take a lot of work for the few credits earned. Take three performance classes, one theory class, and an ear training class, and you'll find you are already at the full time student mark. That leaves little room for any non-music classes you might need to take. However, my plan to overcome that predicament is this: I'm going to cram as many classes as I can survive into the summer term! The only music classes offered during the summer are private lessons, so I'll have room to focus on other subjects.
I've discovered that things come in pairs in my life. I start one of the hardest school terms thus far and find a friend who, unknown to him, is having a profound effect on my life. The last month I've spent getting to know him has been amazing and full of laughter. He has shown me reasons for improving my life that I never knew were there. Every day I can make him laugh is a day worth living. I don't know where this friendship will lead, but I won't worry about that just now. I realize that I have to be careful in how much I allow him to distract me from my studies. I could very easily let this developing romance have top priority in my mind's thinking. So far I've stayed balanced, but there is still much of life ahead of me. All I know is that he is the hardest person to say goodbye to, even when I'll see him the next day. :D
To sum up, I leave you with one of my favorite scriptures.
"Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." (Alma 26:16)
Time for band. If you hear a piccolo, that's me! :)
12 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment