I think I've just spent about an hour looking through pictures from 2005 to present looking at the changes in my hair, of all things! Over the years, the length of my hair has changed many times ranging from super long in 2005 to super short in 2008 and all else in between. The biggest change, however, was my color change last year.
On my last Friday in Russia, all eight of us girls dyed our hair. I even dyed mine twice that night. Seriously, I love my red hair! I had sworn right and left that I was going to reach the end of my life without having dyed my hair at all. But, there's something about being in a different country with a bunch of girls- Hungry, you know what I'm talking about- you loose your resolve over the silly things.


I came home with a drastically non-red color. It was fun to see the reactions of me not being me, and I really wasn't me for a while. I was a different person. Months after I came home, I still was shocked to see a girl with dark hair staring back at me in the mirror. There surly was an attitude change in me as well. I was more adventurous and had a ready-for-anything attitude.
Over the last eight months, I've slowly watched my red roots grow out. Most people can't see them because the darker color has faded a lot, so the two colors blend well. (It still surprises me, though, when people call my hair red. To me, this isn't red. I'll admit, it is more red than the dark brown I had returning home.) Somehow, I feel that I've had another attitude change. Maybe I've just gotten older, maybe I'm more experienced at life. I don't rightly know. Part of me wishes I had that carefree, tackle-the-world attitude again as I start this year.
I suppose I'll just have to learn how to capture that attitude with my returning red!
No comments:
Post a Comment