08 September 2008

My Trip to Zion

Well, my trip down to Utah was quite the adventure! I rode down with Hungry in her truck. We were taking her truck down to Provo for her stay at BYU. It was loaded up with boxes and all sorts of things. We started late on a Thursday after the heat of the day had passed. Pendleton (not Medford) was our overnight destination! Boy, were we tired... Well, Hungry had more of an excuse- she drove the entire way! I'll save us both the embarrassment of showing our arrival picture from that night... Definitely not our best picture!! But we did see a beautiful sunset. This picture doesn't give it justice at all.

We started out the next morning at 5 am!! Yes, Mom, I woke up that early all by myself! What a fun day that was. We drove and drove and drove... Have you ever realized how long Idaho is? Seriously!! It never ends! Hungry and I thought we would never reach Utah. In frustration, we pulled off at a rest area, wondering if Utah would ever come! To our dismay, we found a map showing our location.

We found we were SO close to the Idaho-Utah border!
Our reactions:












But things started looking up! We made it to Utah!! Oh, what joy we felt!

1 comment:

Hannah Z said...

You caught the sign! Good job! Yeah, what an adventure that was. And thank you for sparing us and the rest of the world our hotel picture. I'm sure they are glad too. ;) It was fun! I'd do it again.....not! Well, you do know how to drive a stick now! :) woot! Woot!

P.S. We stopped in Pendleton, not Medford. Medford's a little more south. ;)