28 September 2008

First Penguin Report

I survived the first week of school!! Barely! :)

I'm really excited for this term. It'll be a tough term, but I'm sure I can handle it. I auditioned for Women's Ensemble and made it in! I sing Second Soprano. This is the first "real" choir I've sung in since Middle School. It's going to be a stretch, but I'm really going to enjoy it. I have three friends in the ensemble with me, and that helps A LOT!! Two of the girls came over this morning to work parts, and I found out that I need more practice in playing parts on the piano!

Also, I auditioned for a chair in band on Wednesday and for the piccolo part! You are reading the words of the second chair flute player and piccolo player!! I am so excited to be in band again! I've missed it terribly. If I had been able to, I would have joined last year. Alas, the timing didn't work out. C'est la vie!

I'm taking a fiction writing class that is really going to stretch me. I don't consider myself a writer, even though I can write. Some of the students in the class write just for fun as a hobby or a possible future career. I'm only taking it because my friend suggested it will give me practice in editing different writings. Speaking of fiction class, I need to look over my story for submission tomorrow!

Have a great week!

No comments: