28 September 2015

Music Choices and Sunsets

I've had a hard time finding good music to listen to while I'm running. Tonight, I decided to turn on one of my favorite albums, and it actually worked! It has a bunch of upbeat songs, and I know all the words. Singing along kept my determination up. There were even a few times when the music slowed down when I did or sped up when I needed to push till the end of the interval. It really made a difference tonight. The best part is the whole album is about the same time as my workout. So, until I make a playlist on my phone, I'll be listening to this album for a while.

I'm sure you're wondering what the album is, so I'll tell you. It's the Sons of Provo soundtrack. You can laugh at my music choice. This is one of my favorite spoof albums that I listen to when I need to smile. (Running it definitely one of those times.)

But the best part of tonight's run was seeing the blazing clouds in the sunset. It was beautiful. I'm starting to believe runners get to appreciate the beauty of nature in a very personal way. It makes me actually look forward to running in the mornings. Go figure.




Today's Workout
Total Distance: 2.43
Total time: 35:51
14:45 mile average

No comments: