24 September 2015

One of Those People

I never thought I would be one of those people. You know, the ones who say they need to run or need to exercise. Or the ones who endlessly talk about their workout. Now, I am.

I've never been one with a desire to go running, but today was one of those days. I anticipated my run all day. Sitting at my desk, I was anxious to run away the frustrations of work. Apparently, running off frustrations works for me. I pushed myself through the workout even when I thought I couldn't run another step, and I had my best time yet!

When my training plan asked if I wanted to start training at a new level based on today, I clicked yes. It's really, really satisfying to improve enough for that question to pop up.

I also learned that shoes make a difference. The last few times I ran, I wore my everyday shoes I wear for everything from hiking to kickball. Today, I decided to wear my good running shoes, and boy, did that make a difference. It almost felt like running on pillows. I could tell there was less jarring on my body because the shoes absorbed more of the impact. I will never go back. Ever.

Today's Workout
Total Distance: 2.34
Total time: 33:11
14:11 mile average

No comments: