16 February 2011

Valentine's Day Creations

I had a wonderful Valentine's Day with some close friends. I wanted to share some fun pictures and projects I made for the holiday. Enjoy!

First, I made this Valentine's Day/ Springtime wreath out of cupcake liners of all things! It was pretty simple to make, and I think it looks like carnations!


These are Pie Pops! I used a cookie cutter to cut out hearts from pie crust, added some Nutella inside, and included a stick in the middle. This bouquet turned out splendid. I had an interesting time gluing the red hots candies to cover the foam, but it was a hit with the family to which I presented it.


While at my friends' house, we decorated cookies! I just love the blank canvas a sugar cookie provides. Here are some of the impressive cookies.

 "Sunshine in My Soul" decorated by myself.

 American Flag decorated by the little brother.

 My "Too Pretty to Eat" cookie.

"A Growing Flower" by me. 

"Chocolate Covered Strawberries" by the mom. 

This next Valentine is something I made because they were such a fun idea with suckers! As you will see in the following pictures, we enjoyed them!









I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Paka.

P.S. Be on the lookout for this week's Tasty Tuesday post on Thursday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bah. We were going to send you a picture of all three of us with our valentine's last night but I got too sick to go to club where we'd all be together. :( Thank you though! They are SOOOOOOOO cute! I love your wreath and bouquet as well! You are SO creative!!!