28 January 2010

Birthday Celebrations Part 2

When I got home after school on my birthday, I discovered my bedroom had been birthday-ified by my roommate, Utes.



That night, my visiting teacher treated me to a movie! It was such an amazing movie. We went to see Invictus, and I haven't enjoyed a movie so much in a long time. It's a really uplifting movie about the South African Rugby team and their win in the 1995 World Cup. The story is very powerful and moving, showing that people can move past differences and come together. I highly recommend it to everyone!
What movie would be complete without treats to enjoy during the movie? None. I felt so loved by my visiting teacher because she payed for the movie and for our treats. She even bought me my favorite movie snack: chocolate covered pretzels!
Friday, my sister-in-law and I celebrated our birthday by going out to eat. We chose eat at one of the only Outback Steakhouses in Utah. I'd never eaten there, and the food was FABULOUS!! Outback Steakhouse is my new favorite restaurant as of that meal. Here is a picture of our amazing salads and the Bloomin' Onion.



 That was honestly one of the best salads and steak dinners I have ever had. They can expect my business again!

My last birthday activity was a movie marathon with another of my friends. We watched The 10th Kingdom, or at least most of it. That movie is one of the best epic fairy tales. I enjoyed having WinCo muffins, hot chocolate, and pizza during the five hours that we watched of the movie. We haven't finished it yet, but I already know the ending. I'm not chomping at the bit to find out what happened.

All in all, my birthday this year was quite a birthday! I don't think I could have asked for more. Thank you to all who were involved in celebrating my birthday!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Sara Lyn said...

I recently discovered Outback Steakhouse also, and I, too, LOVE it! Thanks for the movie recommendation. Glad your day was so wonderful!