06 January 2010

Landlord to the Rescue

Our landlord arrived in all his shining glory to fix the bathtub Monday! The drain was clogged with a ton of hair. I could have made a small critter with all that hair. (I saved you the gory sight!) My landlord was going to pour Drano down the drain after removing the hair, but I insisted on using the homemade remedy found in the amazing cleaning guide I received for Christmas! All it takes is baking soda and vinegar. My landlord was quite impressed and commented that vinegar smells better than Drano. Personally, I love the smell of vinegar, so I'll use that over another cleaner any day. Plus, it is inexpensive and usually on hand when you need it!

Instead of taking a shower while our feet take a bath, we now have a drain that drains! Ah, it's the little things in life!

2 comments:

Sara Lyn said...

Happy times!!! Morgan (bless him) will clean out our drains when they get nasty, but sometimes he's been busy and hasn't gotten around to it for a few days (or weeks) and we've had that whole shower with a foot bath. Ew! I'm really glad that he's willing to do it though because I think I would gag. Ew! I love your alternate Drano. And I'm really excited to get Mrs. Meyer's Clean Home from the library. (It's on hold.) Thanks for the recommendation!

Sara Lyn said...

By the way, have you see the website:

http://diynatural.com/

I think you'd enjoy it. :)