13 November 2008

Wailings of a Sore Throat

As you know, I am singing with my school's Women Ensemble this year. My throat is not used to being used so much. After each rehearsal, I come out with a tired voice. No matter if I cut out on the high notes or if I belt out all my notes, my voice is almost gone. It's a good work out for it, though, and I'm learning a lot.

For instance, cold pudding is great on a tired throat! That is about the only sure thing that will give comfort to my throat after singing. However, it isn't so friendly to the waistline! So, I need to find something better to soothe my throat after rehearsals. Water works, but it doesn't really do much long-term. Hot chocolate is good, but my tongue always ends up burned because I lack the patience to let it cool.

Well, my brain is too scattered to write another cohesive paragraph!

No comments: