16 October 2008

Visiting Logan

This last weekend, I visited Logan, UT for the first time to check out the town, along with other things.

I love Logan!!! It is one of the neatest towns I've ever been to. Cache Valley is so beautiful with its mixture of fall foliage and evergreen trees! Logan feels like a small town in some parts, but it also feels like a big town when you walk down main street. As I looked over the valley, I felt like I was at home. The colors, the smell of trees were similar to that at home.

The very first thing I saw upon entering Logan was the temple! It's amazing at night. I also had the chance to walk along the grounds of the temple. I was overwhelmed by the beauty and strength this temple has. The hymn that played over and over in my head was "A Mighty Fortress is Our God". The Logan Temple exhibits the Lord's strength to me. It can be seen around the entire valley, from almost everywhere! I am looking forward to having that daily reminder of the Lord's love for His children.

I am so excited to live there with a temple right there, tons of living history, and many new friends to make. One of the girls I sat by in Relief Society on Sunday suggested that I start looking for apartments now in order to have one when I move after Christmas. So, that's what I did today! I starting looking for apartments. I made a bunch of phone calls to find out availability, rates, and information about possible apartments I would want to live in. After all that, I found one I feel will suit my needs perfectly. I can't express enough how excited I am to head on this grand adventure in December!

Now comes the hardest part... waiting and preparing for it to start!

2 comments:

The Zs said...

Did you seriously take that picture of the Logan temple?!?! That's GORGEOUS!!!

Love you!!!

Unknown said...

Nope, I didn't take it. I snitched it from another blog! :)