04 October 2008

A Hand in All Things

Today, I was again reminded that the Lord's hand is in all things. Earlier this week, I had received a call asking me if I would play the organ for a funeral. A man from my former stake had passed away. The people asking me to play had called several organists from the stake finding none that could play. They asked a high councilor if they had any suggestions, and my name was put forth.

I agreed to play and give of my talents. What I didn't know was that my grandpa would be in attendance at the funeral. I had thought he might be there, but I wasn't sure. It was good to see him afterwards. My grandpa knew the couple who had asked me to play, and they were surprised to learn I was his granddaughter. The wife commented, "Now, I know why you are so special!"

That just made my day! I love being my grandpa's granddaughter! I'd never deny being part of his family, and I am so thankful to have such a family legacy being left for me.

I love you, Grandpa!

No comments: