23 June 2008

Musical Beginnings

Yesterday was such a wonderful Sabbath day! I had volunteered to play the flute with the ward choir during Sacrament Meeting. Yesterday was our performance. It was very uplifting. I could feel the Spirit strongly as we performed. We performed an arrangement of I Need Thee Every Hour. The number of the choir was fairly small, but I know the Lord blessed our performance; I heard more voices than what our number consisted of.

(This is a picture of my flute recital in 2003.)

I love the music of the Church! It uplifts, strengthens, consoles, glorifies... everything you can imagine that is good and righteous in the world! That may be why I feel so excited for my new calling! I have been called as the Ward Music Chairman. It's an entirely new experience for me since I've only been involved in the performing aspect of music- organist, pianist, chorister. I am very excited to serve the Lord through music. A goal of mine is to bring the Spirit to meetings through the hymns.

If thou art merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing, and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving.
D & C 136:28

No comments: