Wednesday was my birthday. The celebrations started Tuesday when I picked up my flute from the shop. Such a good birthday present. Tuesday night, I was invited to Hagmoth's house after school, and I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped inside the door to find a plate of cupcakes and a beautiful card waiting for me on the table. The birthday serenade from Hagmoth and her husband is something I encourage everyone to experience in their lifetime. Thanks!


Wednesday morning arrived, along with me accidentally sleeping in a little later than I intended. I got a shock of the morning when Hungry gave me a birthday hug with her cold, wet hair. If that doesn't wake a person up, I don't know what will! It was fun to eat breakfast with Hungry and get ready for the day. I even got to start my birthday service early by dropping her off at school on my way north.
Speaking of birthday service, I began a birthday tradition last year that I hope to continue for the rest of my life. On my birthday, I do some kind of service. It is my gift to myself and to my Heavenly Father. Last year, I went on exchanges with the Sister Missionaries. For this year, I discovered a service I have wanted to do for a while was available at my school on my birthday! I was so excited about it!! I decided to give blood for the first time as my birthday service.


I will admit that I was a little nervous to give blood for my first time, but the experience was wonderful. I answered some questions, had my finger pricked, sat down in a chair, watched my arm be covered in iodine and then felt the small stick of the needle. Other than the sting from the iodine, giving blood wasn't bad at all! I will definitely make it a regular occurrence in my life. I even go to drink one of my favorite kinds of juices after I was done. Here is a picture of me with my bandage of honor!
This concludes Part 1 of the celebrations. Please stay tuned for our next episode.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Thirsty! :)
Post a Comment