would be delivered that night. She brought a loaf of bread along with a few other items. Yet, she didn't stop there. She extended an invitation for dinner on Sunday and a grocery shopping trip today. I cannot tell you the burden that was lifted by her outpouring of love to me.
Secondly, I must mention a group of people I am grateful for. I am so grateful for my brother's ward. I won't go into details because it is not my story to tell, but his ward has been such a marvelous example of charity, the pure love of Christ, by personifying the word. They have cared for my brother and his family during their trials more than I have ever known possible. I know that I wouldn't have had the meekness to ask for help from my visiting teachers if I had not noticed the example of service from my brother's ward.
I believe the simple acts of service become branded upon the hearts of the recipents and those who serve. It is the smallest and most simple acts of charity that often mean the most. President Joseph F. Smith instructed:
"The spirit of gratitude is always pleasant and satisfying because it carries with it a sense of helpfulness to others; it begets love and friendship, and engenders divine influence. Gratitude is said to be the memory of the heart." (Gospel Doctrine, 5th ed. [1939], 262).
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving full of gratitude!
No comments:
Post a Comment