Many things have happened in the last month since moving into my new place. Our ward is functioning now, complete with a Relief Society presidency and soon-to-be Elders Quorum. I, unsurprisingly, have been called as one of the ward organists. I know, big surprise right? I knew that as soon as I opened my mouth and admitted to playing the organ I was in for it! I actually enjoy playing this organ. It is forcing, rather providing an opportunity for me to learn to play the foot pedals.
I am also trying to be involved in many other areas besides music. I feel that this ward will help me discover and develop new talents and gifts. Yesterday, I expressed a desire to be involved in fellowshipping new members of our ward. Right away, this friend thought of a few ways for me to become involved. I am so grateful for the generous people in this ward, especially the bishopric.
This weekend was a bundle of rash decisions. I bought a new phone and changed my number, which has been so nice. I love my new phone! Another decision was trying to find out what was wrong with my knee. As a result of out-of-state health insurance, I ended up visiting the ER to learn that I apparently have tendinitis in my knee. (I'm not sure I agree with that diagnosis, but I'll get a second non-ER opinion soon.) The third and most rash decision is something I have prayed and fasted over. While this decision is not logical at all, I feel it is the right one to make. And I will leave you all guessing as to what that decision is! Aren't I nice?
Have a wonderful week!
06 June 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment