07 April 2010

Fashion-forward Scriptures

Today, I started and finished a project! Back in October, I made a tote for my church things. I now have a coordinating scripture case! Take a look!


I used the same fabric as my tote but chose to use the other side instead. I'm pretty happy with how my scripture case turned out. It took me about two hours from start to finish, not including the bobbin situation I had. The best thing about sewing is learning new techniques. I had never made a buttonhole before, so I was quite apprehensive about that part. I found the Instruction Manual for my sewing machine online and read how to make buttonholes. After doing three test runs, I decided to make the buttonhole on my case.


I am quite impressed with my little machine's abilities. I hope to explore this summer more of what this baby can do.


So, what do you think?
Pretty good for not using a pattern on either one, huh?

4 comments:

liagn said...

Very fashionable.
Ya done good!

Bri... only she said...

Very good for without a pattern! You are amazing - and your bags aren't bad either! :)

Sara Lyn said...

Cute! Great job!

Ramona Zabriskie said...

I feel so privileged to have seen this piece of art in person!