I want grocery shopping with my friend, Hagmoth this afternoon. Now, while I spent almost every dollar in my checking account, I was really excited for today's purchases. So excited, in fact, that I decided to share them with you!

This may look like an ordinary gallon of milk, but it isn't. It's my
first gallon of milk. Let me tell you, I am so ecstatic about eating cold cereal for breakfast tomorrow! No more burnt toast. Milk has been the one drink I have been wanting since last Saturday. Why did I not go get milk before today? Because Wednesday is my grocery day.

This is a picture of my cupboard. Each roommate will have their own cupboard to store food in. It looks a little bare, but that's because this food isn't all from today's grocery trip. I've eaten some since I first moved in. Also, I'm just starting out with stocking my cupboard. I can't buy everything at once, unfortunately. The last time I went grocery shopping, I bought a flat of Top Ramen. It's not the healthiest, but it works. However, it has helped me discover one of my favorite low-budget meals. I'm still working on improving this meal by a long shot, but I'll share its humble beginnings. You make the ramen, drain and put in a bowl. Then you take a spoonful of peanut butter and stir in the hot noodles to create a wonderfully tasting meal. Ah, it's so good that I have to remind myself to have some variety in my foods!

This is my food in the fridge. Isn't it just awesome?! I have things for sandwiches in there. But my most exciting purchase today were my fresh fruits and vegetables! I bought broccoli, a cucumber, a zucchini, some grapefruit, and some bananas. I think I'm set for the next two weeks! I also bought a few freezer items, but the freezer is too cold to have its picture taken. Can you tell that I am enjoying having my own kitchen?

Bon appetit!
My next adventure? Laundry
No comments:
Post a Comment