There are about four weeks left until my big move! It's so crazy to think I am actually moving to Utah and attending UVU. Someone pinch me. I'm afraid to wake up and find it never really happens.
Along with the excitement of getting ready to move, I've had a lot of scary realizations. This is a big, scary step in my life. I've double and triple checked with Heavenly Father that I am doing the right thing. So far, the answer hasn't changed, and it won't. I am more scared to move to Utah than I was to travel to Russia.
As I sat in the adult session of Stake Conference, a speaker read a verse of the hymn "How Firm a Foundation" (Hymn No. 85). It really stood out to me and has become my current motto. I found myself strengthened by the words as I listened to them read over the pulpit. I found comfort in them as I sang all seven verses while putting the dishes away. I know the Lord brought this hymn to my remembrance to aid me as I prepare to survive on my own in a far away place, with strange people.
The great adventure is about to begin!
17 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing How Firm A Foundation - this is one of my favorite Christian piano hymns.
There are so many great hymns that can bring inspiration and great memory.
Thanks for the article!
Post a Comment