01 March 2008

Culture Shock

Well, after three weeks of being here, my body is finally retaliating. I've been learning how my body expresses culture shock this week. I thought I was just fine in how I adjusted, but apparently not. I had a complete melt-down Thursday and again yesterday.

I have to constantly remind myself that things are fine. I just need to remember that Heavenly Father loves me and that He won't let me sink on this adventure.

Kids are crazy!!! I am having a hard time learning what I am supposed to be doing with these kids, but I still work at it. I think I have the hardest class of the entire school! They are right in the middle of the two teaching styles. This means I get to incorporate both teaching styles in my lessons. That is not as easy as it might sound, or maybe it is as hard as it sounds! Whatever the case, I am trying my hardest- maybe even too hard- to balance the Kindergarten and Elementary styles of teaching.

We are headed to Moscow next weekend, and I am looking forward to a few days off of teaching. I am still having fun no matter how I may sound. I've found myself coming closer to the girls I am teaching with. They are truly becoming my friends.

Пока

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Amanda,

We've got internet again, Although I dont have much time to use it now because I got Accepted into DI training program.

How is the culture different in Russia, I'd like to hear what it's like over there.

Bri... only she said...

It took almost a MONTH for your body to retaliate? :) I'm with Nathaniel! I want to hear more about the culture if you can find the time. How's the food! - that's the most important part, right?!
Love you; miss you!

Hugging!

- Hagmoth